Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Angry Uterus Part 1



Update since my last post. Surprisingly, things have so-far turned out fairly well. The gyn's office suggested that I should call Tricare and speak with them about getting Alex on a referral to see Dr. Mahoney. I thought it was pointless, only because previously I had spent HOURS trying to convince the drones on the other end of the line that my SON needed to see a coochie doc. I always got a very stiff "NO" or "Sorry, I can't authorize that." We had resigned ourselves to self-pay.
Alex had paid the $120 out of his own pocket for the initial visit and started up a GoFundMe page to start the arduous task of getting the money together. I kept trying. I called every day for almost 2 weeks, hoping that eventually I could persuade one of the faceless Tricare "customer service" reps to see my son as a person, not a transgender criminal trying to defraud the system. And lo-and-behold, I found her. A completely DECENT human being who helped me navigate how to get this done. Honestly, I cried with relief and couldn't thank her enough.
And so, we got the referral to Dr. Mahoney. Tricare even sent Alex a check for $107 as a refund for our first visit. So, you're asking yourself, what does this mean? Well, it means that today we see Dr. Mahoney again and she (because she is on our side, meaning she understands the severity of Alex's uterine pain) will find a way to get Alex a diagnosis that indicates surgery (hysterectomy) is his best option. 





More to come, stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment